Wednesday 1 July 2015

   
    You are probably wondering what I mean by 'no'. Well, 'no' is that word   (an adverb) used to give a negative answer to a request, an offer or question.Now that you know what I mean by 'no', you might also be wondering why someone should sit and write an article on it since it is just a commonly used word. Well, just read on and you will unlock the mystery behind the article.
    Today, I came back from school and was making a meal; two cups of rice precisely. Normally, I would have prepared just one or one and half to take me for two meals but since I was expecting a visitor, I decided to make it two. I don't have a kitchen in my room and don't have a fan yet, I prefer to cook in front of my room. Like about 2minutes after I put the rice in the pot on the gas cooker, a neighbour came and stated that he also rushed down from school hungry and he was going to eat part of what I was cooking and I could not give him a negative answer but deep down I kept on thinking of how I was going to make four meals out of barely two cups of rice.
    That aside, I had just two pieces of fish in my stew and the second question came, "how am I going to  feed three people with two pieces of fish?". The food was ready and I served my neighbour with one of the fish pieces and ate mine without fish keeping the remaining one for my guest. Having ate the food, I laid in my bed for some rest and the thought about how to say no when I am not capable of a request came up. 
    I must confess to you friends that I don't know how to say 'no' and I don't like the fact so I have to think about what to do and here is what I have:

1. Think(analyze) about every offer, request,  or question carefully before giving a response.  
2. Consider you capacity . This can really require you to be factual with yourself. Think about what you are capable of without external forces. What you are capable of doing in your natural self.

3. Ok now, you've done those two above and you still feel like a 'no' is not the right answer, think of adding external forces. As a christian, I will add faith. By adding faith, I am able to believe that something positive will come out of every situation.

4. Say no taking no offence and not offending.

See what Mayo Clinic has to say;
When to say no:
* Focus on what matters most
* Weigh the yes-to-stress ratio
* Take guilt out of the equation
* Sleep on it
How to say no:
* Say no
* Be brief
* Be honest
* Be respectful
* Be ready to repeat.
Read more http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/stress-relief/art-20044494?pg=2

No comments:

Post a Comment